and our Seminaries
the United States
Shrines and Holy Places
Our Lady of the Annunciation
Clear Creek Monastery
5804 West Monastery Road
Hulbert, OK 74441-5698
Clear Creek monastery is a member of the Solesmes Congregation. The essential of their vocation is a life of prayer. They do not assume pastoral charge of parishes nor run schools. But in the Rule of Saint Benedict, hospitality has an important place, and Benedictine tradition has always considered this to be a part of the monastery's role in the Church. So, besides their deep communion with the life of the Church and their prayer for all, the monks of Clear Creek receive guests for retreats and help the faithful participate in their life of prayer and recollection, especially through the Divine Office.
Guests at Clear Creek are invited to assist at Mass and at some of the "Hours" of the Divine Office: Prime, Terce, Sext, None and Vespers. Those staying at the menís guest house may also attend, if they wish, Compline, Matins and Lauds.
Guesthouse phone 918-772-2180.
The Kateri Shrine
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
1314 Lynn Avenue
Pawhuska, OK 74056
Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha Shrine is located at the historic "Cathedral of the Osage" - Immaculate Conception Catholic Church. It is about 57 miles north of Tulsa at the edge of the Tall Grass Prairie Preserve, just south of the Kansas State line.
The church was established in 1887 to serve the Osage Indian Catholics of Pawhuska (then Indian Territory) and now Oklahoma. Jesuits missionaries worked with the Osage people in Pawhuska.
The Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha Shrine at the "Cathedral of the Osage" is in honor of a young Mohawk Indian woman who lived in the 17th century.Blessed Kateri (1656-1680) is an inspiration to all Christians.Kateri demonstrated courage in the face of suffering and extraordinary holiness.She became a Christian at a time when many Mohawks were hostile to Christianity and the Jesuit missionaries' who introduced Kateri to Christianity.
The National Shrine of
the Infant Jesus
St. Wenceslaus Church
304 Jim Thorpe Boulevard
A statue of The Infant Jesus of Prague was donated to St. Wenceslaus Church in 1947. A new church had been planned and when it was finished in 1949 the state of The Infant Jesus of Prague was set "on a throne of gold" in back of the main altar.
Permission to establish The Association of The Infant Jesus of Prague in St. Wenceslaus Church was given from Rome by the Carmelite General on August 16, 1949. Since this time, people from around the world have been accepted into The Association and public devotions to The Infant Jesus of Prague have been offered at The National Shrine. From its establishment in 1949, The Shrine of The Infant Jesus of Prague has been designated The National Shrine of The Infant Jesus of Prague.