and our Seminaries
Shrines and Holy Places
Shrine of the Little Flower
35 Dion Drive
Nasonville, RI 02830
The Saint Theresa parish was founded in August of 1923, four months after St. Theresa was beatified. Through the efforts of pastors and parishioners it grew into a place for thousands of visitors and pilgrims.
The original outdoor shrine and an open air altar were built between 1927 and 1928. Since then outdoor, granite, Stations of the Cross were erected.
Stone Scala Sancta patterned after the Holy stairs which Jesus ascended and descended during his passion lead to a reproduction of the Limpias Crucifix and a shrine of candles.
Under the Holy Stairs is a room of the Seven Sorrows of the Blessed Mother and the tomb of Jesus.
Near the Tomb is the Garden of the Resurrection
The outdoor wooden chapel was replaced with a new chapel made of Vermont granite and marble.
Parishioners added a 15 decade living Rosary with a statue of Our Lady of Peace.
The Knights of Columbus erected a Pieta shrine.
There are many events held through the year including the annual saint Theresa feast day which is held on the 3rd Sunday of August.
The Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul
30 Fenner Street
Providence, RI 02903
The first church dedicate to SS Peter and Paul was erected in 1838. When the city of Providence became the seat of the diocese the church was expanded and consecrated as a cathedral in 1847. It served the diocese until 1878.
Construction if the present cathedral began in 1887. It was consecrated on June 30, 1889.
The Cathedral is in the Victorian Gothic style built of Connecticut brownstone.
One of its many attractions is the 36 foot high organ built by the Cassavant Brothers of St. Hyacinthe, Quebec.
The cathedral has a seating capacity of 1,452.
Scapulars. Jewelry. Crucifixes
Stylish & Modest Fashion